Yes, a play on words is intended! A masquerade refers to a facial garment in which an ornate mask and matching costume are to be worn to a party. How about a society in which a bland and cumbersome coverup facial mask that restricts breathing and oxygen intake becomes required by government mandate?
The second play on words refers to one of my favorite classics’ songs made most famous by George Benson in 1976. The song, “Lost in a Masquerade,” was written by American singer and musician Leon Russell in 1972.
“Are we really happy here with this lonely game we play?
Looking for words to say
Searching, but not finding understanding anywhere
We’re lost in a masquerade.”
Noncompliance is a refusal to strap on a stuffy mask (human muzzle) which will lead the perceived violator to be chastised, alienated, possibly given a hefty fine, arrested on the spot or ejected from the premises? How about accepting the fact that we now live in a society where the governing elitists are attempting to force its occupants to become obedient followers while demanding that individuals relinquish their personal sovereignty to the totalitarian state? A stodgy mask (as a form of human muzzle) has become a submission ticket and badge of honor for leftist ideology.
When I go into a supermarket or a liquor store, I need a mask cover up. I can saunter single file down each isle while being monitored to ensure socially accepted distance from other customers and demanded that I pay with cash and exact change or credit card. Yes, part of this abusive strategy is to falsely profess that there is a nonexistent coin shortage. Part of the unintended consequence of this charade is that consumer prices have increased by as much as 20% for the new forced compliance cost. All the above social distancing could have been handled without forcing the public into an ineffective masking exercise. Masking and social distancing mandates may be a good idea in certain circumstances when high density groups of people with high-risk health conditions get together temporarily or are forced together, such as in retirement homes or medical facilities.
This forced display of masking obedience is based upon a combination of indoctrination into leftist ideology, questionable and/or flawed scientific research, and of course a pre-planned and well thought out political strategy for the 2020 presidential race. Dynamic interface between candidates, public forum debates, and questioning, reasoning behind representations about the future needs are to be stifled at all costs!
How about accepting the truth that we now live in totalitarian country, which requires a coverup mask as a badge of submission for political expediency and political advantage? How about joining a political party that is currently openly and systematically attempting to destroy the entire foundation of the economy for the purpose of blaming and overthrowing the current sitting president and installing a new Socialist-Marxist regime? Destroying the entire economic structure of the United States will far outlast any politically motivated reset that could be gained through the attempted transition to socialism, communism, and globalism. Blaming the COVID virus for the revolutionary and violent overthrow has created enough damage that the outcome will make the 1929 depression look like child’s play.
Large and small businesses are by the millions becoming insolvent and filing insolvency actions or bankruptcy. Going out of business has become the norm. Industries such as retailing, dining, air travel, hospitality, entertainment, etc. are purposely and systematically being destroyed. Family, social units and wealth creation are being systematically destroyed. Industry participants which attempt to restart are under newly enforced artificial restrictions that diminish the possibility of generating enough sales to pay operating expenses even before considering profit and profit motive. All businesses that are prohibited by government regulation from making a profit to feed the entrepreneur’s family will fail. Capitalist businesses through a free market approach have flourished for decades but now find themselves financially strangled by government’s onerous regulations.
Residential and commercial real estate will suffer greatly because homeowners and tenants cannot pay rent or debt service. Owners of income property and retail centers that rely on generating income cannot pay expenses and debt service. Consumers are prohibited from purchasing desired goods and services while government stands as a barrier to the practical solutions necessary to restart the economic engine. Both commercial and residential vacancies will skyrocket over the next 12 to 24 months, creating a wave of defaults.
Politically motivated polarization fed by covering up one’s face has become the social price that the leftist establishment deems appropriate. Never mind walking into a grocery store with your full-face motorcycle helmet that would cover up and serve as a protection devise more than any other method. A physically encompassing helmet does not represent the required submission statement demanded by the statist. The only acceptable cover-up must be made of cloth material to make you appear as an obedient and to the new paradigm to be acceptable. Many people like me and many business employees that I have talked to only agree to wear the mask as an avoidance tactic in order not to get harassed.
We know that viruses have been around for more than a billion-and-a-half years. Viruses are a mutation of 99 different proteins. We know that the SARS-CoV-2 mutation of the virus was first discovered around 2003 when researchers identified a certain mutation in the genetic code. A new strain of this virus was discovered in 2019 and called COVID-19, for the year that it was discovered. Yes, it is an awfully bad flu virus that could destroy the world unless contained. Many folks are of the assumption that this was a sudden occurrence rather than a manufactured mutation with the help of a scientist in Wuhan, China who altered the mutation and intensified the severity of the disease like influenza. Also, the US government’s participation of funding for this project should not be forgotten.
The US economy had already broken down at least 120 days prior to the awareness of the severity of COVID. 120 days before the federal government had to step in and fund the bailout of Wall Street and mega banks to the tune of 7 trillion. Then without reservation, all the guilty participants blamed COVID for all the subsequent world’s ills, including the economic meltdown. This allowed the bureaucracy to begin the warfare against the public to corral them in submission. Shutting down the economy, removing everyday freedoms, and engaging in a massive propaganda hysteria effort was effective to rig the game in favor of the administrative state. The result will be not to return the lost freedoms to the public and to replace government with a totalitarian enterprise.
Without reservation, federal, state, and local governments rushed in to capitalize on this fortuitous crisis by consolidating their slice of institutional power and forcing populations into orderly submission. Effective propaganda programs that are a coordinated effort of government and the media always work in our system. Public employees and establishment workers everywhere were able to take unlimited time off with full pay, but capitalist entrepreneurs and their employees were required to shut down, decimating their businesses, families, and livelihoods.
Now comes the myriad of considerations about public reaction to COVID.
- Full masking for everyone all the time everywhere is being encouraged.
- Social distancing at least 6 feet apart is being encouraged.
- Customer seating spread out allows businesses only 50% occupancy.
- Serving food to customers inside buildings with interior seating not allowed.
- Masking up while on a Zoom meetings and other online communications is encouraged.
- Masking up while having sex is encouraged by some colleges.
- Masking up while in isolation, inside your car, out for a casual walk on the beach or in a park is encouraged.
- Forced testing that is unproven and questionably ineffective may test positive/negative without symptoms.
- Forced vaccinations coming for all.
- Misdiagnosed deaths are reclassifying deaths as COVID-19 related rather than the actual real cause.
- Frantic propagandizing by the establishment attempting to convince the public that they are helpless and must rely on government as the solution.
- Disregards for death statistics of elderly, preexisting conditions like diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and plain worn out.
- Disregard the devastating effects of lifestyles of obesity, and tobacco, drugs, and alcohol consumption at all ages. The US has about 107,000,000 people classified as obese.
- What is naturally ignored is the role that a healthy lifestyle plays in the COVID-19 pandemic. The public seems to be focused upon a vaccine solution (one size fits all) rather than changing bad eating, exercise, and social interaction habits. A vaccine may be an addition to rather than a replacement solution.
- Deferred bill paying by the public is only a deferral, not a forgiveness. The pressure to pay up for the arrearages will come in short order.
- Evictions and payment moratoriums are quickly coming to an end. Renters, owners, and tenant’s sill owe the deferred payments.
- Expect millions of tenant eviction notices called “Notice to Pay or Quit” and “notices of default” for delinquent property payments. Both the Dem’s and Repub’s want to extend this until after the election so that they can blame each other.
- Having the government give you money that they took from you in the first place can become an addiction when the beneficiary accepts rewards of becoming a public dependent. That is what the government wants you to do. Already, 2/3rds of the US population is dependent of some form of government transfer payments.
- Remember that every dollar that the government gives you is for political expediency to buy your vote and your obedience regardless of party affiliation. All money that the government gives the public is created out of thin air through the creation of more public debt on top of more debt that the public is responsible for. Effectively, they are pretending to give you money, but you and your children owe it back in future taxation.
- The payback will come in the form of the erosion of the purchasing power of the dollar. All goods and services will cost more. The government does not care. They are the primary beneficiary of this strategy.
So what is the endgame? This Mask-Querade has clearly been much more than a pandemic. It has represented a coverup for the bailout of Wall Street, mandated safety precautions for individuals, masking the authoritarian take over by the administrative bureaucracy, and a diversion tactic to overthrow the sitting president. Equally it has been used as subversion tactic to draw attention away from the political and prosecution fall out of the FISA scandal and FBI collusion with the executive branch under President Obama and the spying on then candidate Donald Trump. The fireworks including prosecutions are only getting started to disclose all the subversion.
The direction and outcome are conditional on who wins in November 2020. By the time of the next mega Davos Switzerland Economic Conference, the US may retain its sovereignty as an independent nation or submit to become part of “The Great Reset” giving up its sovereignty to a new world order.
Business and Private Money Finance Consultant
Cell 949 533 8315
This article is intended for educational purposes only and is not a solicitation.
© Dan Harkey and danharkey.com, 2020. I strictly prohibit unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner. Excerpts and links to the articles may be used in your marketing efforts, provided that full credit is given to Dan Harkey and danharkey.com with appropriate and a specific direction to the original content. The credit displayed when you forward an article must include Dan Harkey, danharkey.com Business & Finance consultant. You may not change the content or the title of the article.