By another name, individual armed-neighborhood groups are formed to act defensively in the absence of or as an alternative to unavailable or unwilling police protection! Defunding the police by passing legislation which handcuffs their job responsibilities will result in neighborhoods being forced to defend themselves!
Residential neighborhoods and their homeowner boards members may possess a false sense of security that they can only rely on their neighborhood police departments for protection in the event of an emergency “so-called peaceful protest.” These pre-planned protests intended to create civil strife, but which usually turn into violence, riots, and looting fests. Of course, the plan includes looting, loss of innocent human lives, and tremendous property destruction. The usual response when discussing this issue with some neighbors and members of homeowner boards is, “No problem, if rioters and looters show up in our neighborhood, we’ll just call 911.”
You may also find this same situation in commercial districts where businesses are vulnerable to being overtaken by groups of thugs and parasites looking to steal things as though they are free. Thugs may or may not be paid to destroy private enterprise businesses and parasites tag along to loot free stuff. Looting has now been reclassified by the mainstream media and Black Lives Matter as a form of “reparations” reinforcing the entitlement by the thugs to take free stuff away from the rightful owners.
The fundamental purpose is to destroy the capitalist system that we enjoy in the USA and replace it with a more centralized dictatorial Socialist/Marxist structure. This new creation of unorthodox Socialism/Marxism is being formed by a pot-pourri of unique subsets including gender-feminists/gays/new-leftist radicals and race-baters such as Black Lives Matter (BLM)/Labor unions/elitist rulers of the progressive movement, globalist interest, all whom are hellbent on creating a cultural revolution to destroy capitalism. Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels’ original strategy was to create a class struggle between the proletariat-worker-lower classes against the bourgeois-shop owners-social middle class. Marx argued that the bourgeoisie-capitalists mercilessly exploited the proletariats-workers. The goal was to overthrow the bourgeois/shop owners/capitalists and replace ownership with the proletariats/workers. The strategy was to create class conflict and civil strife that would ultimately topple capitalism and replace the system with socialism (where workers owned the means of production) and then transition to full communism (stateless, classes, society).
The Communist Manifesto, or road map, was written in 1848 by two German Philosophers, Karl Marx, and Friedrich Engels.
As the public all over the USA have recently found out, their police establishments are in many cases unreliable when confronted by riots, looting and property destruction. Municipal or state leaders may instruct them to stand down and do nothing during an insurrection. Police department leadership and labor unions may be afraid to subject their officers to harm’s way when there are little or no backup provisions. Or the city, county or state leadership may falsely decide to keep the facts away from media and trade off property damage as an acceptable solution instead. Or the departments may not have enough staff and be spread too thin, responding only to violent crimes that have already been perpetrated. It has now become the norm to allow thugs open rein to do whatever they want because the damage appears to be property losses. Devastating losses of families and communities, businesses destroyed, and I overlook deaths of innocent people as “collateral damage.”
Dialing 911 and getting stonewalled may only result in an overwhelming feeling of desperation and betrayal.
Law enforcement agencies all around the USA are experiencing pushback from radical special interest groups who want to prohibit, constrict, monitor, or penalize police officers whose responsibility is to protect the public. The bottom line is the handcuffs are being redirected away from the Marxist/criminals to law enforcement officers. The California Legislature alone has about 10 different bills designed to create bureaucratic over-site boards, prohibitions, barriers, and penalties for the questionable actions of officers.
If we constrict law enforcement actions multiple outcomes are possible: a) refusal by the police to protect the public for fear of reprisal, both administratively and liability. b) the police may find it in their best interest to let the criminal go rather than suffer the consequences of having their actions questioned. c) it will create plunging morale within the law enforcement community leading to a mass exodus from the career path. d) it reduces motivation to enter the profession. e) it will increase work force attrition due to early retirement and quitting their jobs. Also, the pre-planned result will be to clear the field for Marxist criminals to pursue their agenda of redistribution, theft, and outright destruction.
The Second Amendment of our Constitution states that the citizens have a right to bear arms as follows” “A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” The interpretation of the Second Amendment is always being tested. Also, various states have different interpretations and contentious debates continue to this day. There is generally a dramatic difference between the interpretation of the second amendment in blue vs red states.
A well-armed neighborhood militia may be a backup alternative for defensively protecting families, properties, freedoms, and liberties. These militias are for defensive purposes only for specific homes, neighborhoods, or commercial corridors. These groups should not be formed for any purpose like promoting ideologically driven offensive agendas, which in most cases would be to pursue radicalism or extremism. “Armed vigilante groups,” in almost all cases are illegal in the U.S. However, thousands of neighborhood defensive volunteer groups are being formed for protection from thuggery, rioting, and looting.
Here are a few examples of quotes from radical Socialist/Marxist in relation to activities planned for replacing the U.S. form of governance. Their plans are to create civil strife, riots and revolution on the streets and neighborhoods if it appears that Trump is declared the winner on election day. These groups are organizing for the purpose of contesting the results of the election if there is any appearance that Biden is not the winner. Now with the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court Justice, and the efforts to choose a new Supreme Court member is in full swing we can get ready for the sparks to fly.
Here are a few quotes from a Breitbart article:
- “Under the guise of seeking to ‘prevent a constitutional crisis,’ a massive network of well-funded left-wing activists and progressive groups are training, organizing, and planning to mobilize millions of Americans should President Trump ‘contest the election results,’ or refuse to concede, or claim an early victory”
- From Stand Up America, a left-wing group partially funded by George Soros make statements such as; “to organize and resist Trump’s dangerous agenda,” and “to defeat Trump and his enablers” “In the event Biden does not win they are coordinating actions including “protect election results,” “take coordinated action,” and “prepare for a potential post-election crisis.”
- The Democratic Alliance (DA), also funded by Soros, is raising as much at $80 million per year to develop a “resistance map.”
- Other leftist Soros-funded coalitions groups include MoveOn.org, Women’s March, the Working Family’s party, and Center for Popular Democracy, with a network of 50 localized partners, are on board for the disruption.
- “We would mobilize, take to the streets, put pressure on state and local officials to make clear that the U.S. people are not going to let Donald Trump steal this election.”
- “Joe Biden should not concede the election under any circumstances.”
Here are a few general suggestions about protecting homes, neighborhoods, and commercial corridors.
- Communication of the participants is extremely important at all levels.
- Communication with police personnel and department(s) is a must.
- Pivotal awareness is necessary. We need to be constantly looking out for predators. Yes, there are many.
- If instructions are given by the police, follow them. Do not go rogue.
- Notify the police if you are armed with your arms held high until you get the police person’s reaction and possible instruction.
- In most cases, law enforcement will respect people who desire to exercise their right to peaceably assemble as provided for by the First Amendment of the constitution and right to bear arms as provided by the Second Amendment. Of course, this is not true of those blue states and municipalities that are governed by radical leftist leadership. In those states, only governments can protect you. You have no rights to protect yourself.
- Establish a neighborhood network of volunteers (loosely organized task force) by identifying those individuals who possess the Second Amendment equipment and skill set necessary in case there is an emergency confrontation from outside thugs and predators.
- Establish a tactical leader who has a background such as retired military or policeman as well as advanced training in defensive firearm protection.
- All active members should have immediate communication with its leader to tactically plan, take instructions, act, or take up position.
- There should be no written or recorded data about who are members or written communication about their responsibilities.
- Informal membership should be kept strictly confidential.
- Do not communicate with your group members using electronic media such as email. All communication should be offline and only to group members, not other neighbors.
Protecting residential homes and neighborhoods in general:
- Installing motion-based security cameras and motion sensor lighting is a particularly good start to home security. Make sure that your monitoring station is not directly in view of an outside window where predators can view you while you are viewing them.
- If violence is anticipated, relocate family, pets, and valuables to a safer location if possible.
- Lock all windows and doors, and place heavy barriers such as sandbags behind doors.
- Close all blinds and drapes so while you are moving about inside the house for tactical defensive placement outside, predators will be unaware.
- Lock all side gates and/or place padlocks on them.
- Move all trash cans inside the garage or anything that could be set on fire.
- Relocate patio furniture, umbrellas, and flowerpots that could be used as projectiles or broken up such as empty glass bottles.
- Move all water hoses into protected location such as the garage.
- Locate a walk away path if you and your family are unable to exit through normal location. You and each family member may each need an emergency bug out bag prepacked. You may also need a bug out a bag for your pets. How about a small bug out cage for the cat(s)?
- Stand your ground when necessary. A show of strength will let thugs know that you are not an easy mark. Thugs operate by “mob rule.” They are cowards when confronted with formidable opposition. They most likely find it in their best interest to look for an easier target.
- Have your equipment ready with plenty of backup ammo.
Gated Residential Communities:
- If there is a neighborhood association, notify the board of directors or property managers about knowledge of pending protests or riots.
- Board leadership should notify home occupants of any pending threats. Also, for strategic instructions to community members phone communication and or email is ok.
- Guards may also pass out notifications when occupants enter the community.
- Plan for additional staff guards, including armed guards at vehicle and pedestrian gates.
- Scout out outside fences and parameter barriers for fence problems such as too short, broken areas, and physical objects that enhance ease of entry.
- Use heavy cable locks for all community gates except for the one primary for ingress/egress. Provide multiple keys to at least 6-10 people who could open them pending an emergency.
- Part of the plan is the awareness of emergency medical needs either from an outside source or a doctor or nurse located in the neighborhood. This includes the entry of an emergency ambulance or fire truck if you could get one?
Communities with no gate guards and multiple street entries:
- All the above applies only to the idea forming a tactical team. It changes a bit if the neighborhood is not sealed off.
- A committee of residents will need closer communication to monitor the movements of the criminals and thugs.
- A batch of 6, 8 or 10 handheld communication devices may be warranted.
Communities of rural and semi-rural properties:
- All the above applies by forming the tactical team is more difficult.
- A larger volume of tactical equipment may be advised.
- Creating barriers to entry on to the property is advised such as locked gates, sandbags or a large bail of barbed wire rolled out across the entry of the property.
- Traffic Barrier system- usually filled with water. Very effective blockade across the entire street.
The above comments are general in nature. I am not a tactical expert, nor do I hold myself out there having any extraordinary knowledge of the subject. Discussion with tactical specialists and research about methods of protection are suggested. Yes, sparks are going to fly during and post-election of the US presidency in 2020. But remember, criminals and predators will usually move on to identify less organized, less armed, and less prepared victims.
Business and Private Money Finance Consultant
Cell 949 533 8315
This article is intended for educational purposes only and is not a solicitation.
© Dan Harkey and danharkey.com, 2020. I strictly prohibit unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner. Excerpts and links to the articles may be used in your marketing efforts, provided that full credit is given to Dan Harkey and danharkey.com with appropriate and a specific direction to the original content. The credit displayed when you forward an article must include Dan Harkey, danharkey.com Business & Finance consultant. You may not change the content or the title of the article.